I have updated Demons of Antares by Alan Burt Akers with a few corrections based on reader feedback and for consistency with the following books in the series. Please return to the bookstore where you bought the book to re-download it and you will automatically get the newest version. Any problems, let me know.
The changes are:
- Changed Llanili’s flier from “Gleaming Thunder” (which seemed the correct translation at the time) to “Sparking Thunder” (as it is mentioned in Scourge of Antares)
- Changed “Nath the Singer” to “Nath the Chanter”
- Changed “Erwin the Chatterbox” to “Erwin the Waggler” (I defy anyone to have got “Waggler” from the German “Plappermaul”!)
- Clarified the Tiri paragraph in Chapter 1
- Improved capitalization around the lady Quensella/Lady Quensella
- Minor textual changes and corrections
Please keep the comments coming — Demons of Antares is still a work in progress
Comments on this entry are closed.
I’m not seeing any updates available on Amazon?
I apologize. Something went wrong. I have corrected the problem and the latest version should now be available.
Still not seeing any update on Amazon…?
The update will happen silently on Kindle if you opt-in to “Automatic Book Update” in your Kindle settings (Manage Your Kindle > Settings > Automatic Book Update). If you don’t want to opt-in, you will need to re-download the book. To check if you have the latest version, do a search for “Erwin the Waggler” — if you find it you have the new version. Let me know if you still don’t have the newest version, and I will investigate further.
In my settings, my “Automatic Book Update” choice was already set to “On”.
I deleted the book off my Kindle and delivered a new copy. Looked for “waggler” and found nothing. I also tried the Kindle Cloud Reader, which should use the most recent copy available. Nothing.
When I go to the product page for the book on Amazon:
…it says the publication date is June 3rd. Wouldn’t that be different after an update?
I have contacted Amazon and will let you know when I get a reply. The publication date won’t change with an update — the publication date never changes. Please contact me directly at email@example.com .
Amazon delivered the updates when I turned on my PaperWhite tonight. When I went to the Cloud Reader, I got a message that said the new version was being downloaded.
Thanks for letting me know.